Monday, March 29, 2010

The latest Gnome-based project...

I'd like to first start with an apology for being so absent in my
posting... With all the wedding planning craziness and my wacky work
schedule, I just haven't had time for much of anything else. Yet,
somehow in the midst of my crazy life, I have recently decided to
start a rather large project. Why, you may ask... because I need
something to do while I'm on the phones at work walking people through
easy stuff like programming a phone or waiting for a system to re-
boot. You know, easy stuff ;)

Anyway, I have discovered that the absolute BEST way to keep myself
occupied is to stitch. So, that got me thinking (uh-oh, here she goes
again...) I like the stitching and it's a great time passer, but what
would I do with the things I stitch? I don't need more stuff to hang
on the walls and I certainly don't want to shove my work in some
drawer. My briliant idea...? A quilt! I have no clue how long all of
this will take me... a few months, a year, who knows, but I've decided
to post my progress here!

Now on to the good stuff... It wasn't all that long ago that I got my
first gnome (Thaddeus, for those who don't remember.) Well, now I have
20 in various shapes and sizes, as well as socks and pj pants. What
I've done is printed a photo of each gnome in one of three sizes,
drawn an outline to make the pattern, and transferred the images to a
variety of fabric pieces. I'm also going to stitch a few other
accenting designs - woodland creatures, toadstools, etc. to go along.
Then I'm planning to stitch each piece together with some matching
fabrics, making one, super-awesome gnome quilt!

Ok, so here are a few photos of my fabric spread. I'll be posting
updates as I go, so check back and see what gnome I'm stitching next!

Happy Gnome-ing!
Amanda
---
Sent from my iPhone :)

No comments: