Sunday, August 3, 2008

Can You Believe This?

I just have to share these photos with all of you... I didn't think anyone would believe me without proof, so I have some proof. Our neighbor Mary had these weeds growing in her front bed, and I just couldn't take it anymore - neither could my cucumbers planted near these monsters - so Ben and I went out and tackled them with the saws all. The Pokeweed in the middle grew to be at least 7 feet tall and the stalk was about 2.5 inches in diameter. The Thistle on the right was at least 6 feet tall when we cut it down and the one on the left was about 5 feet tall. It's not very often weeds grow taller than me... but this was just unreal.

Unfortunately, these photos were taken about 2 weeks before we cut them down, but I think you get the idea...

Just as a note, apparently Pokeweed is poisonous, so DON'T EAT IT. Just FYI.

No comments: