Sunday, August 3, 2008

Long time no see...

It's official... I'm the world's worst blogger. It has been WAY too long since I've last posted, and there's really no excuse for it. Both Ben and I have been so busy lately, that every free moment we get, we somehow find ourselves just doing nothing. And to be perfectly honest, it usually feels great. Plus, with the recent heat we've been having and our lack of air conditioning, the last thing I want to do is sit with a computer on my lap. So I've neglected my blog. However, I have not neglected my garden...

Which has been just bursting with wonderful edibles - and believe me, we've been eating them!

Here's what we've harvested since the last post:
[This will be photo-intense]
- Lettuce -
- Radishes -
- Zuccini -
(This thing was easily 14 inches long... and maybe a little more.)
- Yellow Squash -
- Cherry Tomatoes (LOTS of them) -
- Roma Tomatoes -
- Beefsteak Tomatoes -
- Heirloom Tomatoes -
- Red Bell Pepper -
- Cucumbers -
(and friends)
- Gypsy Peppers -
- Jalepeno Peppers -
- Little Red *HOT* Chili Peppers -
- Plus lots of herbs and such -

Everything has been absolutely wonderful and delicious! (Those spicy peppers and some of the tomatoes went into some really great home-made tequila salsa that was just awesome!) I just can't get enough of the home-grown tomatoes. I've had the pleasure of growing up with fresh tomatoes every summer from my grandma's garden, so I blame her for my spoiled nature when it comes to the sweet, juicy, red gems. There just really isn't anything that compares to that taste... no store-bought tomato can hold a candle to the home-growns. The yellow squash has also been quite tasty, and I have to say that Ben does an excellent job frying them. (Thanks to Nate for the sous-cheffing...)So, my apologies for lacking in the posting... I'm going to try to make up for it with a few more posts today to catch up.

Happy Gardening!
Amanda

No comments: