Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Wardrobe Refashion : Post 2 [3/3/09]

My first finished project!

Hello All!

I'm really happy to post that I finished my first project during my 2-month pledge... AND it was super thrifty!

ShirtBackShirtFrontThe floral fabric used for the yoke and waist band is vintage from my boyfriend's mom, Judi. She let me raid her fabric stash a little while back and I can't wait to use more of it! Super cute vintage prints are my favorite. I had the buttons and fasteners on hand and the pattern was free at burdafashion.com. The only thing I purchased was the jersey knit for about $10.


It's safe to say the only thing true to the pattern is the yoke and basic shape of the tunic. I used hooks and eyes instead of a zipper on the back, I added a ruched empire waist on the front and tailored the back in a little, and I added a waist band to match the yoke. It's not quite what I expected it to be, but I'm pretty happy with how it turned out.ShirtOn

Here's a photo of it on (sorry it's not a better quality... it was late when I finally got it finished.)

I have a neat black chunky tweed-like fabric that would make a really cute skirt, so I think that will be next on deck. I'm also thinking of trying this flower brooch I found here.

Happy re-fashioning everyone!

No comments: