Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Weddings are Neat

This was stitched as a wedding gift for Ben's brother and his wife. Ethan and Rika live out in CA, and I'll be honest, neither Ben or I really knew Rika that well. We had met a few times and knew she was a really cool, down to earth kind of girl, but that was about it (oh, and she's a ballerina... yeah, a bonafide ballerina) and Ethan is the kind of guy who just buys what he wants when he wants it. So with that being said, I was a bit stumped on what to get them... plus I'm really not one of those kind of people who 'stick to the registry'... (how boring!)

Ethan had asked Ben to be a groomsman in the wedding and with us in the midst of planning a wedding of our own, we were a bit strapped for cash at that moment. With all those cards on the table, a handmade gift it was! We knew the colors for the wedding were going to be a rich red and autumn orange, so I went with that - and in variegated floss to boot! I framed it up in a square black frame and it looked great!

There's nothing so rewarding as seeing the look on someone's face when they open up an unexpected handmade gift...


Happy Stitching!
Amanda

No comments: