Friday, May 29, 2009

More Gardening!

I've been taking advantage of the nice weather and have been spending as much time as I can with my hands in the dirt. (I read that dirt-to-hand contact makes people happy... I totally believe that!)

I got all my seedlings planted on May 15th. Some of them aren't handling the transplant so great, so hopefully they bounce back.

DSCN3146

I also dug two more beds: one in the corner of the yard and another against the west side of the garage. The corner fence bed will be home to the pumpkins, a left-over Italian Ice tomato, and some green onions.
DSCN3153
The west garage bed will be devoted to Brussels Sprouts.
DSCN3152

DSCN3166



All the gnomes have been brought out of hibernation and I am loving it. They bring so much more to the garden... I've missed them.

Here's Heinrich guarding one of the Italian Ice tomato plants.
















DSCN3171
I realize it's not a gnome, but I wanted to share my toadstool. Ben and I stopped to visit his grandma and uncle on the way back home from Philly at Christmas and we took a little detour with his Uncle Greg to this garden store in PA with the hopes of finding a gnome. I picked up this shroom along with Alfred. I found the little snail at the candle outlet at the Indiana/Ohio border on our way back home from visiting family in Missouri a few months ago.














There's more coming...

Happy Gardening!
Amanda

No comments: