Saturday, May 30, 2009

Pretty Little Things

I thought I'd detour from the veggies and share a few photos of some of the flowers in the garden... They're pretty and make me smile, hopefully they'll make you smile too!

My newest favorite: The Icelandic Poppy

DSCN3057
DSCN3069
DSCN3122
(It's really cool... the plant produces different colored flowers in the same plant so you really don't know what you're going to get.)

Longtime favorite: The Bleeding Heart
DSCN2938
DSCN3078

This climbing rose was a pleasant surprise, and they smell wonderful!
DSCN3278
DSCN3289

Why do you build me up...
DSCN3305
Buttercup, baby, just to let me down...

DSCN3271
Thanks for the impatients Mom, they're doing nicely!

DSCN3322
I have to thank our neighbor, Nora for having such pretty peonies on the fence that we share.

DSCN3290

DSCN3274

This spring, stop and smell the flowers. You might like what you find!

Happy Gardening!
Amanda

No comments: