Saturday, May 2, 2009

Pattern Jack Pot!

Hi All! Sorry for the lack of posts lately, I've neglected the blogging...

A month or so ago I bid on and won a lot of 33 sewing patterns on eBay for $12.50 (it was about $20 after shipping.) The description said there were patterns from the 50's to new... Vintage, woohoo! I mean, 33 patterns for $20... that's a heck of a deal even if there were some in there that I wouldn't use. There are a bunch that I really like and can't wait to make. I'm a huge fan of some of the ones from the 70's, super cute. Here are some pictures of the bounty (sorry for the bad angle, there was a bad glare that day):

DSCN2905
DSCN2915
DSCN2914
DSCN2913
DSCN2912
DSCN2911
DSCN2910

I'm super excited about making some of these, especially Simplicity #8192 (last photo - middle, late 60's key-hole dress.) I have a great blue and white floral linen tablecloth that I picked up at the thrift store a few months ago that would be great for that dress, but that pattern is the one that's missing a piece. (Piece D - the back - to be exact.) Does anyone out there know how I can go about getting a missing pattern piece? I may be able to recreate it by using the small drawing on the envelope and other pieces as a guide, but it would be great if I could just find somewhere to get it. *Sigh* Oh well, I'm still pretty pleased with this purchase!

No comments: